So many people have questions about carbohydrates (Carbs).
And with the popularity of Keto, carbs are taught to be avoided.
While it is true that carbs are unnecessary, they certainly are not all equal and do not all have to be avoided.
When it come to carbs (which are simple and double sugars) it’s all about GLYCEMIC INDEX.
How much will it raise blood sugar (Glucose) and (Insulin).
Let’s break them down into groups of types of carbohydrates:
- Blood glucose remains elevated longer
- Insulin remains elevated longer
- It ruins the beta cells in the pancreas (the place where insulin is created)
- It increases cravings for other carbs and sugars
- It inflames the digestive tract causing (GERD, IBB, Acid Reflux and more)
- Is the leading cause of Diabetes – hence heart disease and now dementia
- And more!
- Rolls and Buns
- Eat carbs every day – the ones that are below 40GI (Veggies, certain fruits, certain legumes, see attached or above)
- Eat any carbs once per week (Cheat Day – best if Sunday)